It's a Racial Thing?! I beg to differ..

I've noticed a distubing trend in the last day or so. It seems alot of folks are now claiming that assistance isn't moving into the New Orleans area fast enough because most of the people currently in the city and it's surrounding areas are Black, and this is intentional on the part of the Federal and State governments.
That is the most ignorant, mindless, and inflammitory, load of opportunistic Horseshit I've ever heard. To even allude that people are being allowed to suffer and die because its some sort of racial bias is horrible, despicable, and downright insane.
People of ALL colors and races are stuck in that living Hell right now, having to fend for themselves for drinkable water, non-contaminated food, and basic medical needs. Thats right, ALL colors. So do us all a favor and shut those vile little mouths, or get your asses on the nearest mode of transportation headed to the affected area and start helping out.
Lets all take a step back and look at the situation at hand shall we?
The entire area of the Gulf Coast ( not JUST New Orleans ) is a logistical nightmare right now. Highways are impassible, streets are flooded. Ingress and egress is VERY difficult. (even for military operations)
Armed criminals are robbing/looting at will, shooting police officers, hijacking vehicles, and causing mayhem. The personal safety of Medical, Police, Fire Rescue, and Disater Relief Personnel is at stake.
THATS why relief efforts aren't moving super fast. Not because of any racial reason. The hand that's trying to feed and help is being bitten.
If I were an on-site commander I wouldn't hesitate to pull my people out of there if they were being fired upon or attacked. They aren't soldiers, they are helpers. There is a really big difference.
So what IS the solution?
Well, it's hard to say. But I would suggest that Martial Law be declared and that the control be given over to the Military.
Why?
The Governor seems to be playing the politically soft route, and is reluctant to utilize the necessary force to quell the Lawless factions. The longer the delay, the more the dealth toll will rise in that area due to assitance not being able to be provided.
The military has the equipment needed to get the job done. Marine AAV's could navigate the streets and at the same time provide assitance to stranded residents.
Generators, mobile medical stations, water purification, and food disbursement in the form of MRE's, etc can be emplaced at a military pace rather than at a local one.
Not to mention supressing armed looters and making the way safe for relief workers.
Only the President has the power to make this happen. So instead of typing a bunch of allegations of racial bias, why don't we all e-mail G. Bush and demand that he do this?!
Now is not the time to start pointing fingers..
Now is the time to get our fellow citizens ( regardless of color) the hell out of harm's way.
So, knock it off with all that racial crap!!
Comments
Now we've got Kanye West spearheading the campaign to turn this into a race issue. Pardon me while I groan in agony.
I am geographically retarded. I had no idea you lived that close to any of the places I visited over the weekend. Not that "Mommy wants to go visit this blogger/Sim character" would have gone over to well with the family...unless, of course I'd added, "...and he wants to buy you something."
It sounds like you guys had a great time.