Long Time, No Post..
Man, it feels like years since I've posted anything here.
The truth is that school has been eating up my time. Almost ALL of my time. Three classes is seeming to be too much at one time. Or rather, two online courses and one resident course seems to be too much. It seems like all I do is schoolwork in my spare time.
I'm cooling it with taking so many this time around.
I'm just grinding away. I know it will pay off when I graduate next year and then move on into a graduate program. Education is my only ticket out of here.
Other than that, I'm still the same old me. Work is still the nasty hive of scum and villainy its always been. I've been flying under the radar as much as I possibly can. Being invisible has some definite advantages. I'm just so done with all the drama. The best thing I've ever done is give up the union representative position.
This may sound mean, but I couldn't give two rat's asses about anyone I work with other than my teammate. All the rest of them are just a bunch of backstabbing, worthless refuse. I'm out for myself now. More than ever since I'm so heavy into school now. I'm working to get myself out of here and if I have to step on some people to do it, that's exactly what I'll do.
My parents are doing alright. They're planning a trip that's coming up in September. I'm glad to see them getting out of the house and going off to enjoy themselves. They haven't gone anywhere in a while and I think they get a little stir crazy staying in the house all the time. I wish I could go home and see them, but I doubt that will happen until next year.
I am taking some leave after tomorrow nights shift. I was going to cancel it but figured some time off would free me up to get a lot of work done for school. And just relax for a while away from the zoo at work. Hell, I might even get time to take the boat out and cruise around the glades for a while.
Well, I better get going and finish up this shift. I'll be back sooner this time.
The truth is that school has been eating up my time. Almost ALL of my time. Three classes is seeming to be too much at one time. Or rather, two online courses and one resident course seems to be too much. It seems like all I do is schoolwork in my spare time.
I'm cooling it with taking so many this time around.
I'm just grinding away. I know it will pay off when I graduate next year and then move on into a graduate program. Education is my only ticket out of here.
Other than that, I'm still the same old me. Work is still the nasty hive of scum and villainy its always been. I've been flying under the radar as much as I possibly can. Being invisible has some definite advantages. I'm just so done with all the drama. The best thing I've ever done is give up the union representative position.
This may sound mean, but I couldn't give two rat's asses about anyone I work with other than my teammate. All the rest of them are just a bunch of backstabbing, worthless refuse. I'm out for myself now. More than ever since I'm so heavy into school now. I'm working to get myself out of here and if I have to step on some people to do it, that's exactly what I'll do.
My parents are doing alright. They're planning a trip that's coming up in September. I'm glad to see them getting out of the house and going off to enjoy themselves. They haven't gone anywhere in a while and I think they get a little stir crazy staying in the house all the time. I wish I could go home and see them, but I doubt that will happen until next year.
I am taking some leave after tomorrow nights shift. I was going to cancel it but figured some time off would free me up to get a lot of work done for school. And just relax for a while away from the zoo at work. Hell, I might even get time to take the boat out and cruise around the glades for a while.
Well, I better get going and finish up this shift. I'll be back sooner this time.
Comments
I understand your candor in finishing up your education but you have to be really careful not to run yourself into the ground in the process.
It's nice to look forward to your parents' visit. That will be good for you.
Be well, Windy.
Seriously, a boat ride sounds awesome.
B'Ahavah