Foxhole friends...

I remember that night in Beverly Hills when you went into the bathroom with a pocket knife and locked the door..

I was 2 seconds from kicking the door in and calling 911...

I remember ( and will for the rest of my life ) how you sobbed, and wailed worse than anything I have ever heard in my life. It sent shivers down my spine. I rubbed your back and tried to comfort you, calm you. Even the movers were distraught at how upset you were.. They asked me what was wrong with you and I explained that you were going through a very nasty divorce.

When movers from South Central show genuine concern, it's pretty real. I stayed up all night hovering by your bedroom door, listening for any strange sounds like glass breaking, or sobbing, or worse yet, the thick smell of blood.

I crept as silent as a wounded leopard into your bedroom every hour to make sure you were alright. I checked to make sure you were breathing, as I was worried you had taken too many pills before bed. Remember that?

I do...

It was the longest night of my life, wondering if I should have called for help, and if I was going to find your lifeless corpse in an upstars bedroom when the sun rose..

I remember how you dropped off the radar as soon as it was all said and done.. You flew off to the islands with nary a "by your leave".. No phone calls, nada.. Just disappeared, leaving me wondering if you were alive or dead..

How nice...

And now you have the nerve to send me dazzling pictures of the house you bought in the carribean, out of the blue, "all better" ,and wishing me the best, along with a full description of your new "boyfriend" and how he's a Magnate in the steel business?

"There is nothing better than being able to move on, and I hope it happens for you too. Love G"

I guess a million plus dropping into your offshore savings account helps out quite a bit too, doesnt it?

Well, Gobble my Crank..

How dare you....

Just what you've needed? Bullshit...
(you've hardly known this person a month... Its called "limmerance..")

And now things that were repulsive to you a few months ago are now wonderful? Bullshit..
" the most adoreable 7 year old son! "

He spoils you? bullshit...
He is buying you, and you can't even see that.. A piece of Roberto Coin, or Cartier and everything is all better, right?

Whatever....

A Drill Sgt once told me that "friendships formed in foxholes are fleeting"..

Guess he was right. When times were really bad for you, You leaned on me like a crutch. As soon as the skies in your world turned blue again, you developed a nasty case of amnesia regarding our friendship, and vanished like a fart in the wind..

Adios Muchacha

Comments

Demon Queen said…
Incredible post.
I can't tell you how emotional it made me.

I enjoyed some of your archives also. Hope you don't mind.

All in all... you are a very provocative writer.
Windrider said…
thank you for the compliment demonqueen. I did a bit of editing to make it a bit more cohesive...

stop by anytime!

Popular Posts