Cold beers, and banana winds..

Hurricane Dennis is plodding along over Cuba causing mayhem as he lethargically dances to the northwest. The Projected landfall target is Pensacola currently..

Man, I feel for those folks up there. Last year they really got their clock cleaned and it appears that they are about have a second round with Mother Nature late Sunday night. Buckle up folks, cause the weathers about to get rough..

It makes me worry for Annie.. She just moved up there a couple of weeks ago and is in the process of unpacking and getting her business started. What a nice "Howdy Neighbor!" , a cat 4 storm making a beeline for her front door.... Sheesh..

Granted, that's not to say that I'm completely out of the woods down here in Miami either.. After last year I realized that these storms are fickle, and as unpredictable as a poodle with a discipline problem, or a 2nd lieutenant with a map. It could cut a sharp right, left, or 180 at any time.

The thing that really suprises me is that hardly anyone here has taken any precautions at all. No storm shutters are up on windows, no long lines at the grocery stores, or at the gas pumps.. Its a little spooky to be honest. I guess its the Boy Scout in me, or being ex-military, but "be prepared" is always foremost in my mind in times like these.

As Woodrow Call said, "Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.." ( a free round on me in Miami to whoever can say where that quote came from..)

So today I gassed up the war wagon, checked supplies, stowed water, etc, etc.. All the while the other inhabitants went about their daily lives with a "devil may care" attitude, much to my surprise. Oh well, "the ant and the grasshopper" I suppose..

(although Diva, I'll need a guard dog that speaks Spanish if I do get hit.. If you would lend me the "Hairy Mexican" for a few weeks I would appretiate it.. )

And now I'm sitting back, a cold Red Stripe by the keyboard as I type this report, watching the banana winds outside my window. So it's burritos for dinner, Greatful Dead and Jimmy Buffett for tickling the ears, and a few videos for my viewing pleasure..

All in all, life is good...

Windrider..

Comments

Diane said…
Paco is ready to ship out for duty, so just let me know when...

Good luck with Dennis - Hopefully it'll continue to weaken and it will miss your area.

Popular Posts