Thursday Afternoon....
I'm sitting here in front of my stuttering laptop smelling like sweat and gasoline, with a vodka and soda sweating in a pink plastic cup about 6 inches from my left hand.
I had the windows open for most of the day. Then it rapidly became "Africa hot" as I tried to get the tractor to cut grass. That damn John Deere is one big piece of shit. The damn rear mowing deck was a big paperweight.... I fiddled, and wrenched, and kicked and cussed like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" when he was beating up Scott Farcus. Fuck it, Wayne bought it, and he can fix the damn thing..
So, I came inside and fell into an icy cup of vodka and soda. ( and turned on the A/C)
Ahem...
I closed the windows because the red wasps were starting to get interested in the goings on inside the house. I can't stand sharing my living space with insects, especially ones that are venomous. I did enough of that in the service, and when I was a tracker. Wasps aren't too bad if you just leave them alone, but bees and yellow jackets are just a pain in the ass. And I've noticed a number of bees around the homestead these days. I'm too old for all that crap, so I battened down the hatches and decided to refrigerate myself.
Garden Update:
I planted my kitchen herbs last evening. I used a 10 gallon planter with Miracle Grow potting soil, and put two sweet Basil plants, one Dill, and one Sage plant into it. The basil is very fragrant and should make a great addition to future tomato and pasta sauces. The Sage looks pretty sketchy, but it may revive... But if it does will be great with pheasant or chicken..
I still need to transplant the Okra to some semi shaded planters as the ones in constant sun aren't doing too well. For an African Weed I'm surprised that it hasn't flourished in the constant light.. Oh Well.. I also need to transplant the Anaheim peppers to larger containers in the next 2 weeks. The tomatoes are flowering, and fruiting already. I have 3 baseball sized fruits on the ground plants and a ton of flowers. The "topsy-turvy" upside down plant is getting huge, but so far has been somewhat of a tease. Lots of flowers but no fruit growing. But hey, this was a first growing season and a "Guerrilla" one at that. Next season I'll be better prepared..
But, I have to say that gardening has been good for me. Imagine a silverback gorilla with a little garden spade planting seeds in little containers and fretting over them like a schoolmarm..
That would be me...
The pool is looking pretty good these days. I just need to make sure not to get burned to a crisp the next time I fling my drunken ass into it.. I actually need to get a set of scuba tanks charged and head down to the bottom to scrub it and do some work.. And yes, Just because it's a damn good time just laying on the bottom of the pool on compressed air..
I need a vacation... A long one.....
I had the windows open for most of the day. Then it rapidly became "Africa hot" as I tried to get the tractor to cut grass. That damn John Deere is one big piece of shit. The damn rear mowing deck was a big paperweight.... I fiddled, and wrenched, and kicked and cussed like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" when he was beating up Scott Farcus. Fuck it, Wayne bought it, and he can fix the damn thing..
So, I came inside and fell into an icy cup of vodka and soda. ( and turned on the A/C)
Ahem...
I closed the windows because the red wasps were starting to get interested in the goings on inside the house. I can't stand sharing my living space with insects, especially ones that are venomous. I did enough of that in the service, and when I was a tracker. Wasps aren't too bad if you just leave them alone, but bees and yellow jackets are just a pain in the ass. And I've noticed a number of bees around the homestead these days. I'm too old for all that crap, so I battened down the hatches and decided to refrigerate myself.
Garden Update:
I planted my kitchen herbs last evening. I used a 10 gallon planter with Miracle Grow potting soil, and put two sweet Basil plants, one Dill, and one Sage plant into it. The basil is very fragrant and should make a great addition to future tomato and pasta sauces. The Sage looks pretty sketchy, but it may revive... But if it does will be great with pheasant or chicken..
I still need to transplant the Okra to some semi shaded planters as the ones in constant sun aren't doing too well. For an African Weed I'm surprised that it hasn't flourished in the constant light.. Oh Well.. I also need to transplant the Anaheim peppers to larger containers in the next 2 weeks. The tomatoes are flowering, and fruiting already. I have 3 baseball sized fruits on the ground plants and a ton of flowers. The "topsy-turvy" upside down plant is getting huge, but so far has been somewhat of a tease. Lots of flowers but no fruit growing. But hey, this was a first growing season and a "Guerrilla" one at that. Next season I'll be better prepared..
But, I have to say that gardening has been good for me. Imagine a silverback gorilla with a little garden spade planting seeds in little containers and fretting over them like a schoolmarm..
That would be me...
The pool is looking pretty good these days. I just need to make sure not to get burned to a crisp the next time I fling my drunken ass into it.. I actually need to get a set of scuba tanks charged and head down to the bottom to scrub it and do some work.. And yes, Just because it's a damn good time just laying on the bottom of the pool on compressed air..
I need a vacation... A long one.....
Comments