The semesters over...

I took my finals last tuesday and wednesday.

I did well on both of them. . I know I've mentioned this a lot before but the last few months have really sapped my energy level. I should have planned the move better.

I'm finally over the strep, and whatever else was making me so sick. I'm still on antibiotics for a few days, but I feel a billion time better than I did this time last week. It appears to be making its rounds all over the country too. Granny commented that her daughter had just gotten over it and it made her feel awful. And with all the air travel we do in this country Its extremely easy to see how these little nasties spread so far and wide so damn quickly. You pick up a virus in LA and 5 hours later you're spreading it not only in Miami, but everyone else that was exposed to you carries it on to their destination and further transmits it. Scary...



The roommate situation is working out well. So far the electric bill hasn't been bad, but then we aren't in summer here yet either. But we get along great. And our schedules allow for time alone during the week. Which is a good thing, being the solitary creature I am at heart. I'm getting used to being there, and that's nice because at first I was almost positive that I would have been moving out within a month or so. And, being able to shoot my compound bow, and air rifle in the back yard is a huge plus. ( Especially without having the cops called on me ) So, we'll see how things go.

Work is, well, the same old shithole it always is. My teammate is pissing me off lately. Without boring you with the details lets just say that he's acting like a spoiled little rich boy with a silver spoon stuck up his ass. That motherfucker has a rude awakening coming when he goes into the civilian sector. He won't last 6 months and he'll be fired. Hey dude, no one gives a shit about your issues with your Mommy. And they certainly will take a dim view of you sneaking out of work ON THE CLOCK to go home and rub her bunions or whatever the fuck she makes you do for her....

Maybe I just need to get laid... It's been over 2 years now. I'm practically a Shaolin monk at this point. At the very least I qualify as a re-virgin after all this time. Who knows, maybe I'm just done with the whole sex thing altogether. Hell, I'll be 39 this summer. Maybe I should just hang up my Rick James outfit in the closet and call it quits. Who knows...

In lieu of carnal excitement, I've decided to go camping on Wednesday night. I'm headed way down to the wild part of Florida bay. I'm going to launch from Everglades National Park and run at full throttle for around an hour until I get to an island way out in the middle of space and camp on it. It is a bit dangerous as there are 17 foot and larger salt water crocodiles that live in the vicinity, and more sharks than I could ask anyone to ever believe unless they actually saw them with their own eyes. But lets just say that the last time I was there I was hooked up on a 7 foot lemon shark in under 3 minutes. I'll take my camera and try to get some pictures to post.

I guess I just need that adrenalin rush again. That, and I need to get away from civilization for a night and blow the cobwebs off my soul. Its been far too long since I've sat by a fire and just worked the kinks out of my mind. All I want is wind, water, earth, and fire for a little while. (well, and some vodka of course since a big fat doobie is out of the question.... )

It should be interesting...

Comments

Popular Posts