I Just Don't Get It...
I will never figure out how car dealerships continue to survive.
Really...
They will bite the hand that feeds them given any chance to. Bear with me... You buy a vehicle and finance close to 30K, you purchase the "5 star" extended warranty to the tune of a couple of grand. You follow all the instructions, service requirements to the letter, etc.
And then you need warranty service. All of the sudden, you are an instant asshole to the service advisor. You are told that "It may not be covered by warranty!" over and over again. Pricing for non-warranty repairs seem to be "open ended" . etc....etc...etc...
So, I walked out of the Stealership 413.00 lighter in my pocket.. 100.00 for the deductible that covered 2 speakers, and a rear view mirror that had fallen off, and 313.00 for a front end brake job.
Oh, it could have been much worse if I had been a sheep and did everything they suggested. The 598.00 , 60K service was one thing I told the service advisor I could do without. The 798.00 condenser replacement that they claimed was due to a road hazard was another one.
The real kicker was when the "advisor" tried to imply that is if didn't get the repairs and services done , that my warranty could be voided..
Oh Really?
I blew my stack... and informed said "advisor" that I dared her to try it. I had the right to have any service requirement performed by ANY mechanic I saw fit, and If she had the poor judgement to attempt such fraud I would most assuredly sue not only the dealership, but her personally.
The fucking nerve..
I won't be headed back there any time soon. And that sucks too, I've been going there since 2003 when I bought the jeep. It seems that now, since I only have 58K on the vehicle, and 42k, and 5 years left on the "bumper to bumper" warranty they just bust their ass to try to make it my dime that has to cover any repair.. Scammers...
Really...
They will bite the hand that feeds them given any chance to. Bear with me... You buy a vehicle and finance close to 30K, you purchase the "5 star" extended warranty to the tune of a couple of grand. You follow all the instructions, service requirements to the letter, etc.
And then you need warranty service. All of the sudden, you are an instant asshole to the service advisor. You are told that "It may not be covered by warranty!" over and over again. Pricing for non-warranty repairs seem to be "open ended" . etc....etc...etc...
So, I walked out of the Stealership 413.00 lighter in my pocket.. 100.00 for the deductible that covered 2 speakers, and a rear view mirror that had fallen off, and 313.00 for a front end brake job.
Oh, it could have been much worse if I had been a sheep and did everything they suggested. The 598.00 , 60K service was one thing I told the service advisor I could do without. The 798.00 condenser replacement that they claimed was due to a road hazard was another one.
The real kicker was when the "advisor" tried to imply that is if didn't get the repairs and services done , that my warranty could be voided..
Oh Really?
I blew my stack... and informed said "advisor" that I dared her to try it. I had the right to have any service requirement performed by ANY mechanic I saw fit, and If she had the poor judgement to attempt such fraud I would most assuredly sue not only the dealership, but her personally.
The fucking nerve..
I won't be headed back there any time soon. And that sucks too, I've been going there since 2003 when I bought the jeep. It seems that now, since I only have 58K on the vehicle, and 42k, and 5 years left on the "bumper to bumper" warranty they just bust their ass to try to make it my dime that has to cover any repair.. Scammers...
Comments
Apparently, anything they can make "wear and tear" related, or "damage/road hazard" related they will. Which means that it isn't covered under the warranty and thus your dime will pay for it..
I think a lot of it had to do with the "service advisor". She was a nasty old bitch, and had some sort of chip on her shoulder. Needless to say I'll be going to another dealership if I need any more work done.