Are We Rollin' Downhill Like a Snowball Headed for Hell?



I'm worried...

I'm full of self doubt right now. I'm wondering if I'm not all washed up.

I know it's just that miserable , little, demon that's followed me around all my life. It's made me doubt everything inside myself, and quit a lot of things.

I might have a shot that will have to happen very, very soon. And I'm going to humble myself here and admit that It scares me to death. Why? Well, I took a huge shot in the ego (career) a few years back. part of it was marriage, and another was me chickening out. Truly..

I've never admitted that until just now.. I caved under the pressure of the marriage and the responsibility. I fucked up my life beyond most peoples comprehension.

Well, I may be able to get it back. Maybe... Not in the same way that it was, but, getting it back just the same. It would boost me like I can't imagine.

But I'm scared.. What if I fail again. I just don't know how many attempts I have left in me.

What If I really am just a big loser who has skated along via luck?

self doubt is a motherfucker....... And right now I'm infected with it. Like Poison Ivy.....

I'm sick of walking on tightropes... Goddamn, cant anything in life be easy for a change?

Comments

one3y3 said…
There's nothing wrong with a little self doubt. I think it helps keep us in check and not becoming too full of ourselves.

If you fail again, then you fail again. Life will go on, right? Hehehe... it's a lot easier for me to say that since I'm not in your situation ;-)

Chin up, buckaroo.

Oh, and if life were so easy, would it really be that interesting?
Windrider said…
Mike,

We're definately going to have to tip a few back sometime. I like you, Pal.

Matt

Popular Posts