Changes...

I decided to change some of the links in my sidebar to the left. I was tired of a couple of them, and one was just flat out pissing me off. the reason I was getting pissed off was because it was a blog that i have thoroughly enjoyed reading for a long time. I mean this thing absolutely had me howling with laughter most of the time. It was honest, funny, well thought out, and fun.
Then things started to change.... And I started to not like it so much, and the objective of the blog seemed to turn into one big, smelly, sales pitch. T-shirts for sale, shameless plugging of a future book, and those God-awful advertisements slathered all over the place. And I just couldn't take it anymore. The hilarity had vanished and been replaced with updates of future releases, etc, etc.What had been a real treasure to read had become nothing more than a shell of its former self. I felt robbed, or like I had been sold a lemon in a way. I felt taken advantage of to be honest.. I know that sounds silly, but I did.
So, I deleted it and put another link in its place. It made me kind of sad, like I was breaking off a friendship of sorts. But, sometimes in life people drift apart. Lives that were once similar, diverge and follow different paths weather you want them to or not. Its just the nature of life.
A lot of the things in my life are changing, as well as the people in it. Some of it is welcomed with open arms, and some of it really makes me sit back and think. I know, I know, I'm being rather cryptic here. My bad.. So here goes;
1. Today, I found out that a guy I work with put in his notice. In a week he will no longer be a coworker, just another civilian. I can't say I'm unhappy about it. The guy is a world class manipulator, and liar. He's made things in my working environment really uncomfortable for most of the people in it. I say good riddance to him and all his drama. People expected me to be morose, or glum about it it seems. I basically said; " He's an adult, if he wants to leave that's his prerogative". I mean, I'm not going to lie and say that I'll miss him, because I won't.
2. My Ex and I broke up a few months back. I decided that it was the best thing to do given some of the things that were going on between us. It wasn't done out of infidelity, or hate, or any strong emotional betrayal, We just weren't compatible as a couple romantically. Well, about a month or so ago she started calling me to say "hi" and just touch base with me. I knew that she was lonely and just wanted to hear a friendly voice. I was ok with that and actually enjoyed a little light chatter. There was no discussion of getting back together or anything like that.
About a week and a half ago I called to say hello to her on a Saturday morning, nothing big just a "hope you have a good weekend" type of call. She sounded strange and told me that she was going to see a friend in boca raton, etc, etc, etc.. Way too much information for just having to get off the phone..I said my goodbye and hung up. I sat and wondered for a few seconds what was up with her, and just chocked it up to her being in a hurry, or late getting on the road to go and see her friend. ( she was like that when we were dating..) Monday comes around, and I give her a ring to see how she is. Well, she starts in with this odd story of how she had had a fender bender in a rental car over the weekend, no mention of her friend or any of the previous story I was told. When I asked her why she was in a rental car, she suddenly had to get off of the phone in a hurry.
I haven't heard from her since then, and it's been almost 2 weeks...
I got the distinct feeling the last time I talked to her that she had screwed up her stories and was scrambling to save face or something. The only reason I can think of that she would do that is because she's seeing someone new.
Now, her seeing someone new wouldn't bother me, really.. ( other than a little bit of nostalgic "poor me" type of self pity for a couple of days ) What really bothers me is being lied to.... I get really wounded when someone I care about lies , and conceals things from me. It's a deal breaker, plain and simple..
I feel silly admitting this but, I'm really feeling put out. I mean, it's really bothering me. I have half a mind to call her up and go off. My feelings are hurt. I feel Used by her. She was the one who started calling me to say hello and then all of the sudden she starts with the strange stories, and then blows me off for almost 2 weeks.
I'm done with this shit.
So, I know what I have to do. Its time to delete the numbers from the cell phone. I'm sure she'll call again and I'm either going to just have to ignore the calls, or tell her to stop calling me.
Sigh...... I should have listened to my gut instinct when it was telling me to just cut it off and have zero contact when she stated with the phone calls. But, no.. When will I ever learn?
Comments
Nah, the changes are actually welcome these days. Who knows what the changes could bring?