these days...

So far I'm loving the new apartment. I've actually set my kitchen up the way I want it and have been cooking! Thats right, no cellophane wrapped items from the convienience store fore me anymore... It's SO very nice to whip up something healthy for a change. And a huge fridge and freezer all to MYSELF is a near religious experience in and of itself..

Its really, really , really nice to have my privacy back again. I don't ever want to share living space with another human being unless I'm married to them, and even then, the idea of having houses next to each other doesn't sound too bad. I really think that you have to start out early in your life to cohabitate well with another person. I mean think about it, you've just left mom and dad, or a dorm room, and aren't so set in your ways. If anything at all my little experience with "princess bongwater" showed me that I am VERY set in my ways and patterns, as well as having specific personal space and privacy requirements. The GF is the same way as well which makes me wonder if living together will ever happen.

I'm firmly convinced that it's not hard at all to maintain a relationship when you live a mile away from each other. After all, you hang out together and then head home. This is also a wonderful "escape hatch" if an argument occurs, or one or the other is cranky and otherwise needing some space.

One of the things I absolutely, positively despise is having to be in the same space as someone who is pissed off, grumpy, or generally being a horses ass.. I refuse to be forced to suffer along with someone because they are choosing to be nasty. I give them a wide berth and simply excuse myself and head home to let them cool out and get their mind right. ( I went through plenty of that with my former wife and swore a blood oath that I would never put up with that shit ever again. ) I also make myself scarce when I'm the one in the foul mood. I just don't think its fair to expect someone to tolerate me when I'm out of sorts.

I finally got my boat dropped off at the dealership on monday and should have it back in a couple of weeks. I swear I'm having withdrawl from not being on the water! But one of the things I've realized is that summertime sucks in florida for boating!! Why, you may ask? It's simple really: The damned rain never stops, not ever... I'm suprised theres even any soil left in this state!! I swear to god it has rained every single, solitary day since May!!!!!

"But, windrider don't be such a PUSSY! it's JUST rain!! " You say..

And right you would be, dear reader except for 2 things:

Wit de rain, come de lightning Mon!! And de boat of da Windrider be made of Metal!! So to avoid becoming a human charcoal briquette, and Darwin award winner, I avoid the rain as much as I do sobriety. Ahem.

Simple ya? Kind of... You just have to keep a sharp eye on the sky, and err on the side of caution. Not to mention the rain brings out swarms ( yes, literally... No, i'm not kidding ) of mosquitos that are either immune to OFF, and Cutter insect repellant or enjoy its piquant flavor.

But soon will come the cooler days, and then it becomes very nice indeed to be at the helm of me boat, Arrr... And maybe some fresh fish and lobster for the freezer.

more soon...

Comments

Diane said…
Personal space is sooooo important, whether you live together, 1 mile apart, or 85 miles apart. It's good that you're aware of it and respect the fact that your girlfriend needs space too. It sounds like things are going well for you. It's good to see you around again.
Windrider said…
Thanks Diva. Yes indeed, things are doing alright these days now that I have my living situation resolved. It's like night and day.

Hi there Mike. I admit that it's taken me years to figure that out. I'm sure a few relationships in my past suffered because I hadn't figured that out yet. (I'm jealous of the move to chicago by the way!!)

Popular Posts