geeze.... can't a guy get a break?
As you all know, I'm in the first month of living with a housemate. I moved in with a friend of my GF at the beginning of june. The rent in my old apartment was skyrocketing, and this seemed like a good way to save some money. Well, the best laid plans of mice and men... I'm driving more miles to work, and back and forth to the GF's house across town, so I'm not sure I'm saving that much at all. It's certainly far less than I had anticipated which is a real let down. I was anticipating socking away some $$$.
The biggest issue with my roomie is, as I mentioned below is - she's a pothead... (the 2 dogs are another story ) When I say pothead, I mean this woman could out smoke Bob Marley's ghost and Cheech and Chong combined, really... The problem with most people who smoke HUGE amounts of ganja is that they are by and large lazy, procrastinating, unmotivated pieces of shit. Being high all the time is NO different from being drunk all the time. I.E.: you blow off things you need to do, promised to do, or should do... Your judgement gets impared, you say and do things that you more than likely wouldn't do sober.
Moderation is the key to almost anything in life in my opinion. You want to get high on pot, or buzzed on booze thats fine... But do it in modearation, meaning once in a while. Not every time you happen to be in the house. I swear to God, I can count the times I've walked in the front door of the house and NOT been hit woth the overwhelming odor of weed on one hand. It's getting old really fast... Theres no way I could ever have a coworker come and visit me there, or family if they lived here. In short, it sucks..
I guess I've just gotten old and turned into a real stick in the mud, but I can't for the life of me see the appeal of smoking dope while its illegal.. Constantly having to watch out for the the cops, making sure you're not getting ripped off, and having to sweat drug tests all the time seems like much more of a hassle than it's worth, at least to me. I simply can't fathom wrecking the rest of my life, and possibly being incarcerated just to get high..
But, to each his/her own. I just don't want to live with a stoner. So, I'll be looking for another place to live soon. What a drag....
The biggest issue with my roomie is, as I mentioned below is - she's a pothead... (the 2 dogs are another story ) When I say pothead, I mean this woman could out smoke Bob Marley's ghost and Cheech and Chong combined, really... The problem with most people who smoke HUGE amounts of ganja is that they are by and large lazy, procrastinating, unmotivated pieces of shit. Being high all the time is NO different from being drunk all the time. I.E.: you blow off things you need to do, promised to do, or should do... Your judgement gets impared, you say and do things that you more than likely wouldn't do sober.
Moderation is the key to almost anything in life in my opinion. You want to get high on pot, or buzzed on booze thats fine... But do it in modearation, meaning once in a while. Not every time you happen to be in the house. I swear to God, I can count the times I've walked in the front door of the house and NOT been hit woth the overwhelming odor of weed on one hand. It's getting old really fast... Theres no way I could ever have a coworker come and visit me there, or family if they lived here. In short, it sucks..
I guess I've just gotten old and turned into a real stick in the mud, but I can't for the life of me see the appeal of smoking dope while its illegal.. Constantly having to watch out for the the cops, making sure you're not getting ripped off, and having to sweat drug tests all the time seems like much more of a hassle than it's worth, at least to me. I simply can't fathom wrecking the rest of my life, and possibly being incarcerated just to get high..
But, to each his/her own. I just don't want to live with a stoner. So, I'll be looking for another place to live soon. What a drag....
Comments