The Latest..



Ah life, that ever hectic race that always ends in a funeral home.. Ya gotta love it..

First off, to all of you how had links on my old sidebar: It wasn't intentional, it was blogger who 86'd them when I changed templates a few days back. I'll get them back up there eventually. I just figured a more cheerful look was in order. No special reason, I just got tired of looking at dreary blackness all the time.

So, my life is whizzing along at mach 2 or so these days. I'm packing, and donating a TON of stuff to charity in anticipation of my move in a couple of weeks. And I do mean a ton of stuff. TV, stereo, 2 entertainment centers, couch, dresser, lamps, tables, etc, etc..

I'm taking only the things that mean the most to me, my bed, some kitchen items, clothes, and of course gun safe chock full of firearms. I mentioned downsizing a couple of posts ago, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been bogged down with material crap for about 5 years now and it will be good to be rid of it. Its a cleansing of sorts. A lot of the stuff I'm donating was acquired during my marriage to the "broom rider" and I just want to be rid of it for good. Don't get me wrong, It's not like I think there's some voodoo, or bad juju attached to any of it. I just want to recreate my life, and everything in it MY way, according to my taste. And besides, traveling light has its advantages.

Its an odd period in my life right now. I feel the need to break free of what has been weighing me down for the past few years. The physical possessions are just a part of it. I also want to get rid of the emotional, and situational refuse as well.

What do I mean?

Easy.. Where I live now is the first place I could find during my divorce (a year and a half ago )and is full of bad memories. I spent almost a year holed up in this place hiding out from the world doing nothing but go to work and to the gym. I drank like a fish, and pretty much remained a social recluse for a long time. So there's a lot of stigma to this place. It's never really been a "home" to me. It's just been a place to sleep, drink, eat, and shit. I never invited anyone over, and never really unpacked or decorated.

So I'm moving on.

I considered moving in with the GF but she has 2 cats ( I'm allergic to the point of athsmatic ) , and we've only been dating a little over 6 months now. That's a tad early to be sharing a house together in my opinion. So, I'm renting a room from someone she knows. It seems like a good arrangement and I'll be living way under my means. The place I'm currently renting eats up a lot of my income and I'm sick of it. And trust me, it ain't the chez ritz either.

My job has been a huge pain in my ass for the last couple of years now. I have put in countless requests for reassignment to other parts of the country only to be told "NO" time and time again. Well, screw that. I'm sick of waiting for a "new contract", "new President", etc, etc... I've wasted almost 2 years sitting around hoping the federal "gods" would smile on me and move me closer to my family. If I just sit and wait it will be years, if ever before I get out of the shit hole that is Miami, Florida.

. I'm getting the gift of changing careers ( paid for by the Army by the way ) in my mid 30's and reinventing myself. Things could be a lot worse.

More soon...

Comments

Popular Posts