Biting the hand that feeds you...

I'm really pissed today... It seems that 100% of the charities that pick up items you want to donate to them WILL NOT climb a flight of stairs to get said items. Well doesnt that just suck??
Every single one of them asked me what floor I was on. When I said the second floor, the next question was " Is there an elevator? " ..
Well gee, no there isn't.. Just a flight of stairs that I carried it all up 2 years ago..
"we can't go up any stairs for insurance reasons"
Errr...
Wazzat you just said???!!!
"we can't go up stairs for insurance reasons"
You could have knocked me over with a bar napkin.. I didn't know wheather to laugh or cry.. I mean, give me a fucking break... OY! Jesus!!
SO let me get this straight, I call to donate literally thousands of dollars of very nice quality items to your charity ( including electronics, bedding, dishes, 2 home gyms, lamps, etc..) and you can't climb the stairs to get it??
So now I get to either store as much of it as I can in my little dinky storage unit, or throw it away.
Wow, thats really helping the needy folks... Explain the "insurance thing" to the battered wife/homeless/disaster refugee that could have really used all of it, or even a portion of it.
"sorry ma'am, we dont have any dishes or blankets, or pots and pans for you this week.. all of the offers were from people on the second floor.."
Assholes..
Comments