Deception
I've always hated it when someone lies to me.
I guess I get that from my Dad. He was a stickler for the truth at all times. He always used to tell me, "No matter how bad it is, you can always tell me the truth. I may be angry for a period of time, you may get punished, but nothing is worse than a lie..". Those words have stuck with me all these years. In fact, the worst spanking and grounding I ever received came as a result of lying to my Father.
An omission of the truth, or covering something up is also the same as a lie. Or at least that's how I was raised to believe.
Someone very close to me is lying to me right now. And It bothers me greatly. It has done a lot of damage to their reliability, and reputation in how I look at them. I won't lie myself and say that it doesn't hurt, a lot. And I've found myself pulling away from them emotionally in a self protective way. I hate it.
While it is most certainly no one who reads this blog, I'll avoid going into specific details. There is a chance this person might have seen this blog while I was at work.
I'm debating on how to handle it. I'm wondering if its even worth talking to them about the issue, as chances are they'll never change. Because of how they were raised, its ingrained in them. Sad, but true. I'm torn over what to do. And because I am torn, for now I will do nothing...
My Father was exactly right.. Trust, once damaged takes a long time to rebuild and it always remains as an emotional blemish in one way or another. Its never truly forgotten. All for something as trivial as a lie...
I guess I get that from my Dad. He was a stickler for the truth at all times. He always used to tell me, "No matter how bad it is, you can always tell me the truth. I may be angry for a period of time, you may get punished, but nothing is worse than a lie..". Those words have stuck with me all these years. In fact, the worst spanking and grounding I ever received came as a result of lying to my Father.
An omission of the truth, or covering something up is also the same as a lie. Or at least that's how I was raised to believe.
Someone very close to me is lying to me right now. And It bothers me greatly. It has done a lot of damage to their reliability, and reputation in how I look at them. I won't lie myself and say that it doesn't hurt, a lot. And I've found myself pulling away from them emotionally in a self protective way. I hate it.
While it is most certainly no one who reads this blog, I'll avoid going into specific details. There is a chance this person might have seen this blog while I was at work.
I'm debating on how to handle it. I'm wondering if its even worth talking to them about the issue, as chances are they'll never change. Because of how they were raised, its ingrained in them. Sad, but true. I'm torn over what to do. And because I am torn, for now I will do nothing...
My Father was exactly right.. Trust, once damaged takes a long time to rebuild and it always remains as an emotional blemish in one way or another. Its never truly forgotten. All for something as trivial as a lie...
Comments