Five for Fighting - World

Be careful what you wish for... Start now..

I've been quiet for a long while now. Do I have a good reason for it, or any sort of excuse for not having posted regularly? Not really.

School is grinding on. I'm almost half way done. But, I have to say that I'm getting tired of the routine. The information is fascinating but I'm just ready for the finish line. I'll cry like a baby when I reach it, but I'm ready for it. It has been a long, gritty, gut wrenching road.

What a decade it has been. Even if I wrote a book about it, most people would take it as a work of fiction. Love, betrayal, insanity, redemption, loss, isolation, exploration, and desperation. If I could go back and change it all, would I?

Yes I would.

There are so many things I would change if given the opportunity. But, that's as pointless as Tarot cards, crystal balls, or religion. The fact is, you can't change anything that has already happened. Which has been a huge problem for us humans thus far. But, you can't change what has happened.

Ever..

We can only turn our observations inward. We can only attempt to change ourselves. Because only when we change, can the others around us be influenced to change as well. Everything else is folly.

Wow, I got sort of Carl Sagan there for a second... Ahem.. As far as my life goes: I still have many things to do. I need to finish school, lose weight, get my damn boat water worthy again, smile more, and stop being so damned serious all the time. (and that's just the short list) But, no matter what happens it will be alright. I'll shoulder my pack, tighten my boots, set my cap to a "Jaunty Tilt", and Soldier On.

History starts Now.....

Comments