Drifting....
Phew....
It feels like forever and a day since I've been posting on a regular basis. Life has swept me up and carried me off for the last month and a half. Between school, and work I feel like there simply aren't enough minutes in the day to do everything I need to, let alone blog.
But I have to admit that I've been missing it. I recently re-read my entire blog from its beginning and I have to admit that it sort of blew me away. It brought back so many things that I've been through over the past few years. It took me back to times both good and bad. As I was reading it I became grateful that I had kept blogging all this time. It serves as a record, or archive of this period in my life and I feel like that's important.
Life has been sailing along since I actually put a decent post on this blog. I'm in my final semester of my undergraduate program and will have my degree conferred upon me in 2 weeks. In a way its hard to believe that I'm at the end of the race. In all honesty, I never figured that I would finish it. Whats even more hard to believe is that I'm going to be starting grad school in less than a month..
Wow... Better late than never I guess. And it couldn't come at a better time either as things are getting even crappier at work. Not just with me, with our whole unit. Somethings afoot and management is up to something. I'm not exactly sure what, but it most certainly isn't good. It never is. I'm guessing there might be some layoffs being considered. Who knows... I should be safe as I'm high in the seniority stack. The junior people will go first if that's what they're considering. I'll have time to get through the Master's program and get the hell outta dodge. And God I cannot wait to be done with this place and all the underhanded fuckery that goes on here.
The little house by the lake is my oasis and peaceful retreat. Although the iguana tribe is coming dangerously close to facing the business end of my hunting air rifle ( or compound bow ) . The bastards have been eating my pepper bush on the back patio to the point that it was almost a total loss. I had to move it to the front of the house to try to keep them from completely killing it. If they continue to molest it I'll simply have to start culling the herd down.
Other than that, Its business as usual....
It feels like forever and a day since I've been posting on a regular basis. Life has swept me up and carried me off for the last month and a half. Between school, and work I feel like there simply aren't enough minutes in the day to do everything I need to, let alone blog.
But I have to admit that I've been missing it. I recently re-read my entire blog from its beginning and I have to admit that it sort of blew me away. It brought back so many things that I've been through over the past few years. It took me back to times both good and bad. As I was reading it I became grateful that I had kept blogging all this time. It serves as a record, or archive of this period in my life and I feel like that's important.
Life has been sailing along since I actually put a decent post on this blog. I'm in my final semester of my undergraduate program and will have my degree conferred upon me in 2 weeks. In a way its hard to believe that I'm at the end of the race. In all honesty, I never figured that I would finish it. Whats even more hard to believe is that I'm going to be starting grad school in less than a month..
Wow... Better late than never I guess. And it couldn't come at a better time either as things are getting even crappier at work. Not just with me, with our whole unit. Somethings afoot and management is up to something. I'm not exactly sure what, but it most certainly isn't good. It never is. I'm guessing there might be some layoffs being considered. Who knows... I should be safe as I'm high in the seniority stack. The junior people will go first if that's what they're considering. I'll have time to get through the Master's program and get the hell outta dodge. And God I cannot wait to be done with this place and all the underhanded fuckery that goes on here.
The little house by the lake is my oasis and peaceful retreat. Although the iguana tribe is coming dangerously close to facing the business end of my hunting air rifle ( or compound bow ) . The bastards have been eating my pepper bush on the back patio to the point that it was almost a total loss. I had to move it to the front of the house to try to keep them from completely killing it. If they continue to molest it I'll simply have to start culling the herd down.
Other than that, Its business as usual....
Comments
Be well, Windy.