Can't sleep..
You know, I used to sleep like a baby...
Not anymore.
I'm not sure when that changed for me. I personally think it was when I joined the Army. Constant disruptions in sleep patterns, rotating shifts, and alerts made my body one big question mark as to when it was going to get to rest again. And by rest, I mean actual relaxed sleep. Not that "one eye partially open" sleep that every serviceman and woman have endured.
That type of sleep, if you want to call it that just sucks.. Its what I call "survival sleep" it does nothing to rest your body at all. it simply allows it to recharge. You wake up gritty eyed, hyper, and restless.
Tonight is one of those nights for me. As most of them are.
I'm worried about someone.
Did you ever want to fistfight God? Well, I want to.
I'd like to have a no-shit, after school, out by the bike rack, knuckle duster, bloody nosed wrestling match with G-d himself right now.
I want to hold him face down in the dusty clay, twist his arm, and pummel his nose until he cries "Uncle". Repeatedly...
And if Jesus even thinks about running into it, I'll drag him across the yard by that long assed hair and throw him over the bike rack....
I just want to set fire to something right now..
Not anymore.
I'm not sure when that changed for me. I personally think it was when I joined the Army. Constant disruptions in sleep patterns, rotating shifts, and alerts made my body one big question mark as to when it was going to get to rest again. And by rest, I mean actual relaxed sleep. Not that "one eye partially open" sleep that every serviceman and woman have endured.
That type of sleep, if you want to call it that just sucks.. Its what I call "survival sleep" it does nothing to rest your body at all. it simply allows it to recharge. You wake up gritty eyed, hyper, and restless.
Tonight is one of those nights for me. As most of them are.
I'm worried about someone.
Did you ever want to fistfight God? Well, I want to.
I'd like to have a no-shit, after school, out by the bike rack, knuckle duster, bloody nosed wrestling match with G-d himself right now.
I want to hold him face down in the dusty clay, twist his arm, and pummel his nose until he cries "Uncle". Repeatedly...
And if Jesus even thinks about running into it, I'll drag him across the yard by that long assed hair and throw him over the bike rack....
I just want to set fire to something right now..
Comments
The visual of you fist fighting with G-d was a little scary, but I understand how you feel. He and I have had a few 'talks' lately.
I have to trust that G-d has a plan, good or bad.
Please take care of you Matt.
Love, Mish
Sorry to hear you can't sleep. I'm sure you have good reason for that too.
I've been looking for your email all over the website and I couldn't find it.
Drop me a line, would ya?
John
cond0011 (at) gmail (dot) com