Just another day at work...

I swear, working with some people is torture. Especially those people who have zero sense of humor. It's like they think their face is going to crack if they smile or something.

I enjoy having a few laughs during the work day. It makes time fly by a whole lot faster most of the time. It breaks up the monotony of toiling for the meager salary I earn. Well the guy I was working with today had the personality of your average mortician. Hell, I bet the mortician would be a hoot compared to this guy... Sheesh..

Just imagine a guy about 58-60 years old, who looks and acts like Droopy the Dog from the Tom and Jerry cartoons. Fun Huh? You betcha! It's been a regular laugh riot in here today, lemme tell ya. Any attempt at a joke on my part was met with a blank stare. Like I said, fun.

It's odd, it seems like all the folks I work with are like that lately. Granted, I'm not mr. happypants 24/7, but these people need to lighten the fuck up.. Really.. It seems like everyone in the office has some sad tale of woe to tell, or they're pissed off at each other.

Crap, the first thing I had to deal with when I walked in this afternoon was a squabble between two coworkers.. All of the complaints were little petty things. And its all their fault as well. She slipped and fell on his penis whilst engaged to now husband, and as a result of the guilt gives him the cold shoulder because of it. He, in turn acts all passive aggressive towards her, which only sets her off even more..

Chill People! Just Chill!!

Anyhow, I've decided that getting ready to travel somewhere just plain sucks!! My god, I have to wash clothes, pack everything in accordance with the rule of the airport Gestapo, fill prescriptions, get a hair cut, buy some slacks, etc, etc... Damn.. And on top of all that I'm flying Coach class.. Big suck factor there, big one...

Don't get me wrong, hosting my parents 50th wedding anniversary party will probably be fun.. But it's not like I'm flying off to some Caribbean island to drink rum, and screw nubile young native girls..

Yes, I admit I'm a selfish dick sometimes..... Well, most of the time actually.. Sigh.

I don't know, I guess I just don't want to get back on a jet and come back to this place once its over. It kills me to know I have to return to this city, and my crummy job and leave them all behind AGAIN. I know, poor me....

But, hopefully I'll get some good news about that job that's on hold. That would most definitely change my outlook for the better.

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Bulkhead seats, that is definitely key for coach.

May you truly enjoy the anniversary. Don't let the thought of your return to hell ruin your time. You deserve to celebrate in their happiness as much as they deserve to have you there. Congratulations to all of you.

Be well...
Windrider said…
Hi Mapiprincesa,

Man, you are reading my mind on that one.. I'm even going to see what an upgrade to first class will cost me.

Thank you for the well wishes for the trip. I'm sure i'll it. I just hate the coming back here part. But, hopefully that will change soon.

Peace...