Shifting Gears...

Well, all of my college transcripts have been gathered together and I'm going to be headed to a student advisor early next week. I'm hoping I only need 10-12 classes to finish my undergraduate degree. I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed. I must admit I'm at the same time exicted and nervous. It's been a long time since I've been in a college setting.
But, it is the first step towards getting home. And this first step has been coming for a long time. Too long if you ask me, but alot of healing needed to take place. I had to get a ton of baggage out of my life. Not to mention beat my head against a few walls, and fight some ghosts long since gone.
It's odd, I feel like a big chapter in my life is closing and another one opening. The chapter that is closing is comprised of 6 of the most intense years of my life, and I truly hope I never go through anything like them again.
But, I learned from each and every one of them. I did a ton of things wrong, and a few things correctly. I paid for each grain of wisdom in spades. But, overall it's working out for the greater good in my life. And that is a very good thing indeed.
Once again I'm headed into uncharted waters. The places on the ancient maps would state "there be dragons here" on unexplored areas. I can honestly say that I'm not afraid of it in the least, in fact I'm strangely excited by it. I honestly couldn't say that a few years ago. I was too busy licking my wounds, hiding out.
I just know that I'm sick of being shipwrecked where I am. Its time to set sail.
It's time to make my dreams, my reality.
Its time to do it now........
"But dreams dont need To have motion
To keep their spark alive
Obsession has to have action
--Pride turns on the drive"
Rush - "mission"
Comments