The promised update
Well, Mom had surgery in late december and the surgeon removed a lump and a couple of lymph nodes. There was no marginal involvement that pathology could find. So, that was super news. It was in fact the best possible outcome.
She had to have a drain put in on the spur of the moment after the surgery. But other than that everything went fine. She now has 25 doses of radiation to undergo. No chemo, which is huge. She will need mammograms on the affected area every 6 months for a year or more.
I was/am happy, and very relieved with the news. I was bracing for the possibility that it could have been worse.Sometimes you win the lottery in other ways than money.
She had to have a drain put in on the spur of the moment after the surgery. But other than that everything went fine. She now has 25 doses of radiation to undergo. No chemo, which is huge. She will need mammograms on the affected area every 6 months for a year or more.
I was/am happy, and very relieved with the news. I was bracing for the possibility that it could have been worse.Sometimes you win the lottery in other ways than money.
Comments