Heal It Up - Concrete Blonde

I'm not sure why but this song really resonates with me these days.

I guess its because that is what I really want more than anything. I want to heal it up. I want to lay to rest and fix all of the horrible, awful things of the last 10 years.

All of the heartache, horror, failure, and agony. The loss of the beautiful dream I had worked so hard to almost achieve. The utter failure of a marriage that I should have never entered into. And all of the sheer folly that ensued post divorce.... (Greta, Ann, and especially, Kim)

What a mess.

It put me in a tailspin for a few years when I ended it with Kim. I loved her deeply and completely. But, because of the hooks her mother had sunk into her she was unable to break away. I drank like someone you would see on "Intervention" but managed to never involve my job in my craziness. I was lucky. Hell, I AM lucky...

I'm not sure what the future holds for me. My hope is to return to Texas and take care of my mother and father. But, I just don't know what life holds for me. I truly don't. It would be nice to return to my hometown ( jesus, if you can call it that after all these years..). But life is random, and things happen to steer you in a given direction.

To wrap this up;

I just want what Johnette singing about... I want to heal it up and move on. That's all..

And that's all I want for all of you too.

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Hugs your way, Windy.

Be well.

Popular Posts