Its all good in the neighborhood..



Yes, yes I know....

It's been 2 weeks since my last post. I was too tired on my last midnight shift to post anything. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get high speed at home. I'm an internet junkie at heart I guess. I know I'd be posting a lot more regularly if I could do it at home. It's not that I'm cheap or anything, I just think 40 bucks a month is robbery for internet service.

I'm happy to report that things are going well for a change! ( looks up to see if the sky is about to fall ) I'm amazed that they are, truly. Lets see, where to begin...Hmmm..

Oh, I got my boat back this week and everything was covered under warranty!!! I was thrilled at that, believe me. I was expecting to have the dealership stick it to me for at least a few hundred bucks. So, I will be hitting the water this weekend. Watch out Everglades here I come.. I need to do some organizing, and cleaning on it but it's ready for the water. It couldn't have been timed any better either as I'm ON VACATION (umm hmmm, das right!) for a week starting at 6 am!!

Ah, a week off away from the monkey cage that is my place of employment. No whining co-workers, no managerial clowns beating their chests, no traffic jams... Sigh...

I don't have any major plans other than going fishing on the boat in the Keys with my buddy Wayne on Tuesday.. I can't wait! Hopefully I'll take some pictures and post them here. Being on the water down there is incredible. You can see some absolutely incredible things. Last time we went I saw everything from sharks, stingrays, an 8 foot wide spotted ray, wild dolphins, and bald eagles.. That's right, bald eagles! I had no idea they lived down here but they do. And also some honest to God pink flamingos..

Lets see, what else.... Ah, I went to see my doctor and he put me on new medicine for the good ol athsma. (For those of you that don't have it, you're really missing out on some fun, trust me. ) The new medicines are awesome, but sweet baby Jesus in the manger they are EXPENSIVE!!!! I almost fell over at the pharmacy counter at wallgreens when the cashier rang me up. My CO PAY was 113 bucks!!! Good Lord, what do they make that crap out of? Angel feathers and unicorn horns??!!!! But I'll tell ya, that Advair and Singulair really kicks the pancakes out of my athsma. I haven't had to use any albuterol since I started taking them, not even once... I cannot tell you how much that ROCKS!!! If any of you have the same condition you know what I'm talking about.

Other than that life is cruising along. I really need to get off my ass and get all my transcripts together so I can take a couple of classes in the spring semester. I also need to find out all the requirements for admission to the nursing program. The sooner I get it done the sooner I can head back to good old San Antonio. I swear to all that's holy I ain't ever leaving Texas again unless its for a vacation, or a funeral..

Well, I better get going.. I will try to post this week if at all possible, but if I don't get to, you all play nice....

Comments

one3y3 said…
I've heard the Keys are beautiful, but I've never made it down that way. One of these days I will. Sounds like you'll have a darn good time fishing.

As for asthma, I don't have it but I have a friend who did. I made him laugh so hard one time (in church, no less) that he had an attack and an ambulance had to come. I think God was sending me a sign that religion and humor don't mix.

Have a great week!
Windrider said…
Hiya Mike!

The keys do have alot of charm and beauty, especially when you're out on the water. You just have to go to the right places.

The fishing was great, but man what a sunburn I got!! Youch!!

Yeah having asthma can really suck sometimes, especially if your meds aren't balanced. I'm lucky mine is mild.

Popular Posts