Its official, I'm getting old.
I'm not too sure when exactly I turned into an old stick in the mud but it seems thats exactly what happened. I have officially become old, or at the very least middle aged.
Why do I say this you ask?
I'm just slowing down compared to even 5 years ago. I used to be the life of the party. Staying out late, constantly out on the town, etc. I've become a real homebody these days. And its sort of depressing to be honest. I used to enjoy going out and having a social life. But now people rather annoy me. I enjoy spending time with very few people. And the general public? You can forget that.
I find that I have very little tolerance for heavy social situations for some reason. Maybe its just a phase, maybe it isn't.. Only time will tell. But it is a bit sad considering how I used to be in the past. But these days, I just can't see the logic in staying out till the wee hours of the morning. Occasionally I'll go out with a friend from school for a drink. But Its always wrapped up by 1130 or midnight at the latest and even then I usually pay a price for it the next day.
I've also noticed that I require more sleep than I used to. Its not at all odd to find myself sleeping 10 to 12 hours sometimes. This I don't really mind too much as I like to sleep and me bed is really comfortable. The only drag to this is that there are less hours in the day due to the amount of sleep I get. Odd .
But the biggest change is the way I look at things now. I tend to be more skeptical and cautious with people and situations. Taking things at face value just isn't my way anymore. I guess I've become jaded. But after the pummeling I've taken in the last 7 years I really isn't all that surprising. It could be worse I guess. I just wish I wasn't. Don't get me wrong, Its not that its as if all the joy has been squeezed from my soul or anything that dramatic. I'm just not as happy go lucky as I used to be. Not by a long shot.
Maybe this is just the natural order of growing older. I don't know.
Why do I say this you ask?
I'm just slowing down compared to even 5 years ago. I used to be the life of the party. Staying out late, constantly out on the town, etc. I've become a real homebody these days. And its sort of depressing to be honest. I used to enjoy going out and having a social life. But now people rather annoy me. I enjoy spending time with very few people. And the general public? You can forget that.
I find that I have very little tolerance for heavy social situations for some reason. Maybe its just a phase, maybe it isn't.. Only time will tell. But it is a bit sad considering how I used to be in the past. But these days, I just can't see the logic in staying out till the wee hours of the morning. Occasionally I'll go out with a friend from school for a drink. But Its always wrapped up by 1130 or midnight at the latest and even then I usually pay a price for it the next day.
I've also noticed that I require more sleep than I used to. Its not at all odd to find myself sleeping 10 to 12 hours sometimes. This I don't really mind too much as I like to sleep and me bed is really comfortable. The only drag to this is that there are less hours in the day due to the amount of sleep I get. Odd .
But the biggest change is the way I look at things now. I tend to be more skeptical and cautious with people and situations. Taking things at face value just isn't my way anymore. I guess I've become jaded. But after the pummeling I've taken in the last 7 years I really isn't all that surprising. It could be worse I guess. I just wish I wasn't. Don't get me wrong, Its not that its as if all the joy has been squeezed from my soul or anything that dramatic. I'm just not as happy go lucky as I used to be. Not by a long shot.
Maybe this is just the natural order of growing older. I don't know.
Comments
I'm so glad to see you finishing the degree and moving forward. That makes me just plain joyful for you.
Be well, Windy